What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ignorance is Bliss

The Destiny of the Republic is one of those books that everyone told me to read.  Sometimes when a lot of people tell you to read a book, you are in for a huge disappointment- Gone Girl.  And then sometimes, as in this case, the story of the life and death of President Garfield, you are in for a HUGE treat.
I gotta say, I couldn't believe that a book about President Garfield would be all that awesome, but it was.  I didn't know anything about Garfield, except that he wasn't president for very long, as he was assassinated.  But this dude, from Mentor, Ohio, was a seriously cool dude.  Not a saint, but darn well close.  
I listened to the audiobook, which was exceptionally well read by, Paul Michael, was super cool.  It reminded me of The Devil in the White City, as it was one of those non-fiction books that reads like fiction and kept me listening and listening.  I definitely want to visit Garfield's home, if I head west again.  If you have been thinking about getting a hold of this book, don't put it off any more.  It is well worth it!!!! Oh yeah! My title for this post won't make much sense until you read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment