What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Surprising

I was surprised at the comments on goodreads.com that ripped Sentries up.  I thought Sentries was one of the best Gary Paulsen books I've ever read.  I kept thinking, "Man...this guy." and I even mentioned to friends while I was reading it that I was just sucked into the book.  The phrasing and description and just the beautiful storytelling of the whole thing.  It is a book from many points of view.  A boy who has left Mexico in search of the American dream, a Native American woman rediscovering her roots, a talented song writer with a band about to make it big, several men scarred by war.  Man.  This book was just a bunch of beautiful all put together.  Great Gary Paulsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment