What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Walter Dean Myers's Feminine Side

Myers has written short stories that I've read with female POVs, but this was the first full book with a female POV that I read from Myers. The guy is such a gifted author, even a book from the POV of a tree would be awesome.  Crystal is in the modeling business, still in high school, not the best student, good kid. She is feeling conflicted about the morals she is taught in church and the morals shared by many in the modeling world. A good peak into the world of show biz and its impact on the young. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment