What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back and Forth


I went back and forth on my rating for What Jamie Saw.  First of all, it has a terrible cover.  I mean seriously bad.  And that's a shame.  But if you can get past the cover you are on your way.  Next the deal is that the first sentence is tough.  I had to reread it a few times.  I just couldn't follow it!  But if you get through that and into the whole story you are in for a pretty seriously emotional ride. 
The book addressed domestic abuse through the eyes of young Jamie.  Jamie sees his step-dad throw his baby step-sister across the room.  His mom catches her and that's it, man.  This brave mom just picks up the baby and nine-year-old Jamie and says enough is enough. 
I loved the mom in this story.  Great story and a tear-producing story for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment