What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, July 15, 2013

And Like a Good Neighbor...

It was Barry Manilow who wrote the State Farm jingle.  I think everyone knows that.  I never knew that faires were called "good neighbors."  The Good Neighbors: Kin is the first graphic novel in a series of three by Holly Black.  The art work is done by Ted Naifeh.  It's the story of Rue, who has a LOT going on in her life.  Her mother is gone, and she might be a fairy.  Her dad is accused of killing one of his students and his wife (Rue's mom.)  Also, Rue is starting to see things, vines, horns on people, that kind of thing.  I only gave this three stars, but I bet I will be giving it more than that once I read the second and third books, which I will, for sure!  Very captivating and original and I loved the art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment