What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Bachelor- Dystopian Style!

The Selection was recommended to me by my very dear friend and amazing librarian and reader and human, Kara.  And man, man I loved it!  I've never been able to watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette because of work, but I've caught bits and pieces and have found it to be great guilty-pleasure tv and so this idea of a future US, which isn't the US anymore, but a country that is made up of parts North America.  It is the kingdom of Illea and the crown prince, Maxon is to find his wife in The Selection- thirty-five girls from the kingdom come and compete for his love.  There is drama and intrigue!  The story is told from the POV of America, a girl from one of the lower classes, Class Five, who isn't really in the game with her whole heart because she loves a Class Six from her neighborhood.  Great stuff and I can't wait to read the next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment