What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Last Straw

I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter.  But I know it got a lot of folks hooked on books, so I have to give it credit for that.  DOAWK however, I am a fan.  The Last Straw was still as good as the first two.  Now I am on to the fourth one, and I notice that on goodreads, they have gotten even higher approval stars as the series progresses.  I know that could just be because true fans are reading them now, but it is something to be considered.  I have noticed, too, that when I see a kid reading in public, like a at the mall or at Denny's, he or she is reading a DOAWK.  That's pretty cool.  I still can't figure out how old Greg is, but I notice that the pace of the books slow down.  The first book spanned a whole school year, the second one did too, the third one was half a year and the fourth is now a summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment