What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, March 9, 2015

15 Years Old

I was pretty surprised to see that Stuck in Neutral has been around for nearly fifteen years.  I had read it years ago and just listened to it again and didn't find it dated at all.  That is very good because this is a really, really good book and the fact that it doesn't date itself at all, hopefully means that it will be read for a long time.
SIN is told from the POV of Shawn McDaniel who has cerebral palsy and is unable to communicate.  The author, Terry Trueman wrote the book because his son also has CP.
Shawn's father wonders if his son is in pain, and he contemplates...I have having a hard time wording this.  Killing him?  Putting him out of his misery?  Euthanize him?
Words are funny things, aren't they?  So much power in a word.
Powerful book.  A lot of powerful words here.  Again, Mr. King, you don't HAVE to put everything thought on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment