What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, March 9, 2015

What I Didn't Realise

was that most of How I Live Now is set in England.  For one reason or another, I am not big on books set in England.  Maybe because I have never been there and probably will never go there!
Set in a time that has not yet come, but could come tomorrow, for the way that human nature is, Daisy is sent to England from Manhattan to live with her cousins and while she is there London is attacked and war breaks out.
This is more than a war story though.  It's about first love and loneliness and loss of a parent and finding a little joy amidst all of the misery.  Good stuff, but it wasn't a 5 star for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment