What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Once again, just because you HAVE to read something, doesn't mean it is going to be terrible

Also just because someone famous wrote a book, that doesn't mean it is going to be terrible either.  Football Genius, the first in the Football Genius series is by Tim Green played for the Atlanta Falcons and did all kinds of other sports-stuff before writing books.
I figured that I had to read this book because I had never read any of them and they are super popular and if they were any good, I thought maybe I could recommend them to folks looking for sports books, of which I have read very, very little.  
This is one I can recommend for sure.  Good story.  I really liked the main character, Troy.
I didn't like the LOVE part, but it was so small that I was able to deal and I think that people who don't like love parts will be able to deal as well.  Maybe I was just listening to it on a day when I was down with love.  
I probably will read the next one, but I have so many others to read right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment