What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

To Both of My Fans

If you have been struggling through these posts for any time now, you will notice that when I love a book, I LOVE it.  And it is the.best.book.that.was.ever.read!
I felt that way about Multipliers:  How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter right from the start and so I tried to control myself.
Take a breath.
Try to read with a critical mind.
But that just isn't me.
This book really helped me to realize a lot of the mistakes that I make in managing.
For which I am very, very sorry.
And so I am trying very hard to be a "multiplier" and not a diminisher."
For one thing, I am very, very, very blessed.  I work with intelligent, creative, hard-working people. People who are far more intelligent, creative and hard-working than I am.  And so I have a great, great responsibility to be worthy of that role.
I have started to put some of the principles in Multipliers into action and so far, so good!
Did I mention that the folks with whom I work are also very forgiving?
And for that, I am super thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment