What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

At least it was only 6 bucks for both!

Don't you hate it when you see a movie preview then see the movie and realize that all of the funny stuff was given away in the preview? That is what happened in Date Night. I knew it was a romantic comedy but I went anyway. It was a pretty original, but it really wasn't that funny. Sure it had enough funny moments in it to fill the preview but that was about it. Everyone knows what 's about because the previews are on all the time, everywhere and they give the whole thing away. Skip the movie and youtube the preview. Then you've seen the best of it.
Watching Bounty Hunter now. It looks like Midnight Run redone. The bounty hunter guy, Milo, had this other guy after him in the first scene who looked just like Marvin Dorfler from Run. Okay so this might be a Run rip off, but it is a truly terrible one. I'm sorry I even mentioned Run in the same review. This movie isn't worthy of having it there. The only good thing about this movie is the music. Who doesn't love Sinatra's This Town? And Jerry Reed's She Got the Gold Mine, I Got the Shaft, well that song has always had special meaning for me. Again, like Date Night, it seems like the best parts were in the trailer. And also, It's Tricky! Wow!
Oh man this is bad. There are so many sharks in the water that have been jumped. I think this is some kind of record or something. I need to check on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment