What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Goosebump City

Once again, as with An Na, I am discovering an acclaimed YA author for the first time. This time around it's Neal Shusterman. I'd heard of him, sure, but it wasn't until I picked up Darkness Creeping, that I actually READ him. Now I have to go back and see what else he's got. This, like All Hallow's Eve, would have been great to find at Halloween, but I'm just thankful I found it. This guy is creepy! I so envy his imagination. Strike that. With an imagination like that, I'd be terrified all of the time! How does this guy sleep! Jeffery Deaver's Twisted is like this book. By the end of nearly every story, I was feeling the goosebumps break out on my skin. After nearly all of these twenty tales I found myself saying, "Man! That was so cool!" And by that sometimes I meant creepy, sick or twisted. Oh oh oh and word to the wise...if you have to go to the dentist any time soon, don't read the one about the root canal!

No comments:

Post a Comment