What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Read Another Adam Selzer book...and I LIKED it!

Yes, after I totally trashed How to Get Suspended, I myself, was surprised that I tried another book by Adam Selzer, but the cover looked so good! I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It has a great cover! Sure it will be dated in a few years, but who cares! This cover grabbed me! And I am glad that it did.
This book is told from a female perspective, the story of a girl who lives in the post-human era, where vampires, zombies and werewolves are just a part of everyday life. Some prejudice exists, but they are starting to be excepted and even lusted after, as is the case for many teen girls who are totally hot for vampires. Ali, or Gonk, or Alley (she goes by many names) isn't into vampires and doesn't think she'd ever be into any kind of post-human, or human guy as a serious love interest. She is dubbed the Ice Queen of the Vicious Circle (the nickname for her lunch table, the folks who write the school blog full of barbs and gossip). Ali just can't wait to get out of Iowa and off to school in Seattle after she graduates. But then....you guessed it, she meets a guy and starts to fall head over heels in love. The big problem is, he's a zombie. This book has a lot of messages, some subtle and some not so, but it IS funny and it is much better than How to Get and yes, I liked it! Romance and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment