What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, April 5, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Conflict will always be with us. Wars rage among family members, neighbors, the races, the countries, tribes, children and the elderly. Wars even rage within ourselves, but there is one thing that everyone agrees upon, one thing that reminds us that we are human- we all love Marla Gibbs. Now that I have made it to the Pacific Ocean and visited 35 of our 50 great states, I am even more aware of this simple truth.

Marla Gibbs played Florence in The Jeffersons, and of course, her spin-off Checking In but the show I want to refer to now, as I am sure you've already guessed is 227. The theme song, reminds us that no matter where we roam, there's no place like home.

I had hoped to blog while I was off on my west coast journey, but as you see, I only had time to rant about the perils of Portland. Our trip went quickly and was one of those If It's Tuesday... deals. That isn't a criticism, as I like to keep moving, but it did make it hard to blog. The only regret I have about the trip was that we spent more time in the rotten city of Portland than anywhere else.

The biggest pleasant surprise was home much I loved LA. I thought I would like it, but man, I really, really was taken with what little we saw of the city and LA County. I do hope to go back someday, for sure.

All that said, it is great to be back and great to be reading once more! I did finish The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment