What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Angels in the Outfield

I read some goodreads reviews for The Guardian AFTER I read the book and I am glad I waited. Even though I vowed not to let other people's opinions influence my own experience with a book, I just couldn't believe how way off the reviews were.

Stuff like this does happen, sadly. Worse and more 'unbelievable' stuff like this. Truth is stranger than fiction they say. Truth is more horrific than fiction sometimes, I say.
Anyway, who cares what The Guardian haters said. I liked this book so much and couldn't put it down. It was a very quick, one-setting read that I just needed to finish in one night. Also, I was completely surprised by it.
Great, different, fresh book, and I guess I wasn't surprised that the author thanks Alex Flinn, another great author, as I recently wrote. They must be in touch some how or Sweeney must have been inspired by Flinn. I can't wait to read more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment