What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blazing Blazers

Okay so first book in what seems to now be a series, The Red Blazer Girls: the Ring of Rocamadour got some awesome reviews. Check them out. Five stars from amazon readers and then starred reviews from journals. What? Did I read the wrong book? Well technically I didn't read it, I listened to it on cd. It was weird because I picked it up and realized it was read by Tai Alexandra Ricci, who had read the very last two books on cd that I listened to, My One Hundred Adventures and A Crooked Kind of Perfect. How weird is that? I really like how she reads, she is really awesome! But I wonder if Red is the right kind of book to listen to because it has a lot of math puzzles in it. I am not big on math as it is and having someone read the math puzzle, instead of seeing it, makes it even harder. I am not sure if I can give this an accurate review!
I mean, I like the idea, Catholic school girls from NYC turn detectives. And I like the idea of bringing math into a fiction book, but I don't really like math! Literally, most of the math was over my head, I am definitely not smarter than a fifth grader when it comes to math.
I didn't enjoy Red Blazer at all. It just seemed to go on and on and it actually made me groan aloud when I watched the car cd player click, click, click, to yet another track, yet another chapter.
The plot? The girls meet up with an ec- you know what? Just read it off the link to the catalog I provided above. I can't make myself talk about it anymore. This is one book I hope I won't ever even have to shelve!

No comments:

Post a Comment