What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Blondes Behaving Badly

Really badly. It was weird and cool to read Zombie Blondes while I was listening to The Girls because it the girls in each book were so similar. True the teen girls in Zombie really are flesh-eating, undead monsters, so that might make them a little bit worse than the girls in The Girls but....I'm not so sure. The zombies who rule the town of Maplecrest, where Hannah has just moved with her father, have an excuse. I mean, they are zombies! The girls in The Girls are just plain mean.
Hannah and her dad move around a lot because her dad isn't really into paying his bills. It is one small town after another, they stay in one place only until the guys after dad find him, then they are off again. Hannah is used to going to new schools and trying to fit in, or at least stay under the radar of trouble. She's never belonged anywhere, never been part of the in crowd. In Maplecrest she has a chance, the chance to be a cheerleader and be part of the way cool folks. The only trouble is, the cool guys and gals? Well, they are all dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment