What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Burn the Witch!

and the Wizard.  Please.  Burn this book.  Okay, don't burn the book.  Hold it up as an example of greed gone wild.  I'm never been a fan of James Patterson.  While I gobble up mysteries right and left, I never took to his style or found his characters to be interesting.  So why, oh why, oh why did I listen to Witch and Wizard?  It must have been the cover.  But now that I have suffered through this book I don't even like the cover.
This is the story of two teenagers, neither of which I remember enough to even oh wait...Twit and Twisty or something...yeah, I can't remember their names.  The girl's name is a plant.
The book tries to be dystopian or fantasy or something but it ends up being nothing.  It is just completely awful.  People turn into animals.  The jokes are so bad.  It is just an insult.  I can't even go on.  Please someone, make the book disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment