What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Lucky Son of a Stone --- SPOILERS!

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
Maybe the reason that a lot of people hated Son of Stone so much is because they aren't used to reading books like I do, such as The Private Series or The Gossip Girls, where the rich and popular get everything they want and life just flows along and falls into place for everyone. Total fantasy, but totally fun. I loved Son of Stone because it was just to ridiculously bizarre that way! In Son of Stone, Stone's son, Peter is the luckiest and most brilliant boy in the world! Everything just comes to him like he is magic. As I said at the top, this review has spoilers- I wish the review I read on amazon.com would have indicated the same, but what can ya do? Arrington is shot and killed by a former lover. All of the reviews thought this was horrible and any character's death is not happy, but I have to say, I didn't have much love for Arrington in this book or any of them, but especially in this book. She's such a jerk to this guy. Of course he shouldn't have shot her, but still, Arrington is NOT a sympathetic character in Son of Stone. Stuart Woods is a pompous jerk. You can tell that by the note he puts in all of his books about how he doesn't really want to hear from his readers. I have no doubt that he doesn't even write this stuff anymore, and I am sure he knows he isn't fooling anyone. Nor does he care, he's totally in this for the money. But so what. He still "writes" a very entertaining, young adult-type novel. To get mad at him or criticize his work is like getting mad at McDonald's for not making a decent burger. He's not pretending to be anything more than junk reading, so take it for what it is. Keep it comin' Woods Factory of Fluff! A lot of us love it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment