What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love is in the air

Never really liked the song Little Darling too much. I'm not sure why. Still it is one of those songs you somehow know all of the words to, isn't that weird? The Darlings in Love is the long-awaited sequel to The Darlings are Forever. At least I've been waiting for it, ever since I read the first one. Can I help it if I think it would have been pretty darn cool to grow up on Manhattan and have NYC be your playgroud, like Dash and Lily and and the Darlings and any number of teen protagonists in the YA fiction I've read over the last few years?
I love the Darlings and I can't wait for more! In this installment each of the very different girls (all best friends even though they are very different) each have their troubles with guys. The story lines are fresh and ring true. A great, fun series!

No comments:

Post a Comment