What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Will There Be More?

Crush: the theory, practice and destructive properties of love by Gary Paulsen is the latest in the Kevin Spencer series. Liar, Liar and Flat Broke were the first two.
I've enjoyed reading the series but I wonder who else would enjoy these books. That's not a criticism, I am just trying to sort through the answer, identify the audience. All three books are about Kevin's infatuation with a gal named Tina. In this latest book Kevin conducts match-making and other "experiments" with couples and singles to determine just how love works. Kevin has a great wit and he is a good guy and the books read quickly. But are guys into reading books about budding romance? And are the books too "guy-like" for girls to read. I'm just not sure! Again, no criticism, just a question. I think I will ask some tweensI know to read one for me and see what they think!
I don't know if this is the last book in the Kevin series, but if not, I will keep on reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment