What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Fairy Tale Football Players

Fairy Tale is a neat-o, different book by Cyn Balog, who wrote Sleepless, which I loved! If these two books of Balog's are any indication, this woman has a really crazy, cool imagination. She thinks very differently from a lot of people and can spin a great yarn.
Fairy Tale features soon-to-be 16 Morgan who has the gift of prophecy which makes her kinda popular at school. Another thing that makes her popular is the fact that she is one half of an "it" couple, the other half being Cam Browne, a very hot and very nice and very talented football player. He and Morgan have known eachother for ever. They share the same birthday and they share everything. They are a very sweet couple. Well, Morgan's not so sweet. She's not amazingly likable, but she is totally real, so I guess that does make her likable. Things start to go wrong a few weeks before Morgan and Cam are about to celebrate their Sweet 16s when Cam finds out that he is actually a fairy. Yeah, for real. The Brownes' real son, Pip, who has come back to help Cam ease his way back into fairy world and make his own way into Cam's life, was kidnapped at birth by fairies.
Pip has a hard time adjusting, but Morgan helps him out. Cam is having the worst time adjusting because he finds out that he must go the Otherworld (fairyland) to live forever, on the day he turns 16.
Last night I actually had a dream about the characters, that I was one of them and right inside the book. Crazy!


I really liked this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment