What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

There's a Killer on the Road


So I Hunt Killers doesn't come out until next month, I got a copy at Midwinter and I just finished it today and I when it comes out I want to recommend it to everyone who enjoys the Dexter series and doesn't mind a very twisted and dark story. At first I was a little annoyed that it was so Dexter-like but then I reminded myself that there's nothing new under the sun and that I found myself just getting lost in this really well written and suspenseful book by Barry Lyga.
Jazz is the son of the worst serial killer the US has ever known. When Jazz's Dear Old Dad, Billy, was doing his horrific work, he was also grooming Jazz to become just like him. Now that Billy is in prision, and Jazz is almost 18, Jazz is worried that he will become like his monster-dad and he spends most of his days making sure that he doesn't. Enter a new serial killer in Jazz's small town and Jazz gets into his head that if he can catch this serial killer, maybe he can escape his father forever.
That's a way-simple plot summary, there's a lot more to the story and it is story well worth reading! It is much better than I am Not a Serial Killer, even though I liked that, too. This is just a really good book, if you have a strong tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment