What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Best Teen Books Ever

I feel lukewarm about NPR after I donated to This American Life and never got a thank you.  I know that's stupid.  But man, if you donate to nanowrimo or pretty much anywhere else, you at least get an email thank you.  I mean, it was only 50 bucks but it was 50 bucks that I didn't have.
I do like some of their other programs though, but I won't listen to TAL anymore.  Ira Glass leaves a sour taste in my mouth now.  Ridiculous?  Maybe, but hey, it's how I feel.
Anyway....NPR came out with this neat little survey that I do like, which asks the question "What are the best-ever teen novels?"
It was tough to decide because you only get to pick ten!
The other thing that was weird is that Susan Beth Pfeffer's Life as We Knew It is on the list alone, but the other books that are part of a trilogy or a series, it lists them as such.
I voted for that one and...
Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian
Beauty Queens
The Chemical Garden Trilogy
Delirium Trilogy
Hex Hall Series
Impossible
The First Part Last
The Outsiders
A Monster Calls
But there are so many more I could have added!  It was tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment