What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hello and Good-bye

Vacation plans have taken a turn this summer.  My mother and I were going to Boothbay Harbor, Maine for a week, but then my father ended up in bad shape and now my mom doesn't want to go because of the dogs.  I am sad, but I understand.  I know that if she went, she'd be thinking about her three little pugs at home and not enjoying herself at all.  
My dear friend is on her way Home.  She is in Dallas, at her daughter's home.  She went there a month ago, with the plan to have radiation treatment for cancer, but her health has failed and now she is hospice.  I really want to see her to say good-bye (for now!) and so I will be traveling there next week, God willing.  
It seems strange to say good-bye to a dear friend this way.  We have talked about it on the phone, though.  We know it is good-bye.  She is ready to see the Lord and I know we will all be reunited one day.  Still...it is going to be tough.  She is a wonderful woman and so strong in her faith.  We lived together for a few years and those were some of the best years of my life.  It was a total party!!  Her kids have all been in to see her.  I can't imagine how hard this is for them, and her grandchildren.  It will be a long drive to Dallas.  But well worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment