What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tastes are Changing?

Never used to like books that weren't contemporary.  Never liked them at all.  It started changing with Here Lies the Librarian and it has just kept on changing.  If anyone could help me to love a book not set in the present day it would be my go-to author, Frances O'Roark Dowell.  Dovey Coe was her first book and man, you can't tell it's a first timer and it let's you know right out that she is a great author, with great things to come.
This book is set in the 20s and is the story of poor mountain family and a girl named Dovey who is accused of murder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment