What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oh THAT Explains It!

I admit that I didn't read anything about the origin of Hearts, Keys and Puppetry.  I just checked it out and downloaded it and listened to it and all the way through I am thinking, "What the heck is this?!?" and when it was over I still wasn't sure what I had listened to and I was totally sure that I didn't like it at all.  The fact is that H, K and P wasn't just written by Neil Gaiman.  It was written by the whole Twitterverse.  And it says that right on the book, but being that I downloaded and listened to it, I didn't even look at the cover!  Gaiman wrote one of most favorite books of all time, The Graveyard Book.  But since then, I really didn't enjoy Mirrormask and I couldn't get through Coraline, but I did read the graphic novel version.  I need to keep reading him though, because I know he is a brilliant writer.  But this one just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment