What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tiger, tiger burning bright....

The whole "Tiger, tiger burning bright" is the only part of the poem The Tiger that I remember at all, but I think we had to memorize it back in high school.  So much for that.  How sad.  I've also seen it written with a "y" instead of an "i" but I don't why.  Oh!  I am a poet!
Not really.
Okay.  So my friend, Mrs. Sawyer, her grandson is in Thailand.  And here he is with a tiger!  Is that not the coolest thing you have ever seen?  Apparently before tigers get to be two years old, you can hang with them like that!  Of course, I think maybe all of the tigers that Ted took a picture with are girl tigers and who could resist a guy like Ted!  Is he adorable or what?  You can read about all of his journeys here.
Of course, I am rambling.  I don't know what to say about DiCamillo's The Tiger Rising except that it is one of those books that everyone should read.  Kids, teens and adults.  I feel that way about The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, too.  Great, great stuff here.  It makes you understand that a writer like DiCamillo just KNOWS more about life than a lot of us, well at least more than me anyway, that is for sure.  A wonderful, beautiful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment