What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

What Happened?

I knew that Hex Hall was over, but then when School Spirits came out, I thought we were in for another series!  And we are in for another series from the awesome Rachel Hawkins, but the series is completely new and it is called Rebel Belle and this is the first one.
I did like Rebel Belle, but I think I had a bad attitude about it because I was hoping for School Spirits #2, which I guess isn't coming.  The other thing that didn't blow me away about this book is the mythology part.  Now that said, I know that mythology part is just the very thing that will make this popular with girls who liked the Percy Jackson series, and there are a ton of girls who did! It just wasn't my thing.   I love the set-in-south deal of this book and it comes across as very authentic.  I liked the main character too, she is a driven, I-have-to-do-everything-perfectly kind of girl who realizes that life is far from perfect.  I gave this one 3 of 5 stars, but just because of my personal disinterest in mythology, not because it isn't a good book.  I will probably read the second one.  I will be able to recommend this to a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment