What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Candy

So yes, maybe I have more guilty reading pleasures than one should be allowed, but I never said this blog was a course in the classics.
After reading L.A. Candy, a fictionalized look behind the scenes at a reality tv show about four young girls living the Hollywood life, I was sucked in so deep that I needed to read the sequel, Sweet Little Lies, right away.
SLL was full of the gossipy, trashy goodness that L.A. Candy had and I couldn't put it down. I was so anxious to see the evil chick, Madison, exposed for all of the crap she pulled on our heroine, Jane, that I read the revealing chapter first and skipped back to read the whole book after.
Truth be told, heroine Jane is very annoying! But still, I care about her!
Awesome and cheesy sequel, I hope there is another!

No comments:

Post a Comment