What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Man...

Even though I felt that last year's Newbery was a good choice, now that I have read Inside Out and Back Again, I feel like maybe it should have won.  But Dead End in Norvelt was awesome...so I don't know.  It is close.  It is def not like 1954.  For sure.  But wow, Inside Out and Back Again was incredible and heartbreaking and eye-opening, well, eye-opening to a dummy like me who didn't know much about Vietnamese refugees, after the Fall of Saigon.  What a beautiful story about ignorance and understanding and human folly and the human heart.  I loved this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment