What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yeah...Judy Blume...Huh...

Yes I know, I know Judy Blume is loved beyond all love!  I know she is a champion of reading and has written books that children and teachers and librarians adore!  But man...I just don't like the characters in her books.  As you may remember from AYTGIMM.  Yesterday I read Blubber again and man.  I just don't like the main character Jill, her best friend Tracy, the bullies in the class (Jill is one of them), Linda (the girl who gets bullied) and the adults.  What a bunch of jerks they all are.  I have never known people who act or think this way, so everything about the book felt really bad.  Maybe I am just lucky to have never known losers like this group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment