What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Bloody Good Book

I am not a fan of off-putting Briticisms, as I have said, but Blood on My Hands just begs for that lead in, right? 
So I am still trying to find a place that defines this "trilogy" of Todd Strasser's.  First came Wish You Were Dead and it was said to be the first in a trilogy.  In some places it is called a trilogy.  In the book itself, and some other places, refer to it as  part of a cyber-thrilled trilogy, whatever that means.  Is it a cyber thriller because Callie, who is a teenage girl accused to murdering her frenemy Katherine, uses a cell phone and Facebook?  I am not sure.
Anyway, Blood is a decent murder story/thrilled deal.  I didn't like it as much as All Unquiet Things but I think I am tough on YA mysteries because I love mysteries so much and no one can compare to my guys, Block, Parker, Freeman, Sandford, Woods, and my girl Kellerman.
So Callie wants very much to be a part of the in crowd.  And she wants even more to be in the IC (inner circle) which revolves around Katherine, who is the Queen of Mean.  She is meaner than the Zombie Blondes.  Meaner than The Girls.  Meaner than those girls who Rhyme with Witches.  Yes, you guess it, she could be a member of the Four PTSes.  No, kidding!  No one is that mean, except for other Judy Blume characters, but she is really mean!  Callie has a boyfriends, a really nice guy Slade, who is older and off in the National Guard.  Katherine will do anything she can to get Callie to break up with Slade and break his heart.  But then, well, Katherine winds up dead.  And Callie finds her recently dead body. And people take pictures of her, bending over, knife in hand, with Katherine's blood all over her.  So now Callie is on the run, and she needs Slade and she needs to prove that she didn't kill Katherine before she will turn herself in to the police.
I did like Blood and it worth reading for sure, it is a decent, suspenseful, quick read.   And I didn't figure out the ending!


No comments:

Post a Comment