What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Second Helping of Cheese

Merilynn is the second book in the Soroity trilogy and, shockingly, it focuses on Merilynn! In Eve I didn't really like Merilynn too much. I thought she was too mean and weird. But reading the book that focuses on her, I found her even more likable than Eve. Merilynn has always had a fascination with ghosts and the like. She was raised by her uncle, a very liberal Roman Catholic priest who encouraged her to be open minded and feed her curiosities. The book begins eight years ago at the cheerleading camp but gives us another story from the girls' adventures. Just like Eve, the book skips ahead to the college years. I can't say too much more without spoiling Eve and Merilynn but this one was better than Eve, more guilty pleasure fun. You really do have to read Eve first though, but thankfully these books take no thinking whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment