What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, November 24, 2017

Dream On and on and on and on and on (or maybe it was the speed of the audio)

The last book in the Vault of Dreamers trilogy seemed endless to me.  The Keep of Ages just was not my thing.  I have to say though that it very well may have been the audio production and the speed at which I listened.  I had it up to 1.5 and the main character, Rosie, was just so whiny!  And so alarmist!  And just going on and on and on and in a panic throughout the whole book.  And it was really annoying.  It just ruined the book for me.  I mean, I was glad to find out how it all ended and I did care.  So it didn't ruin it, which says a lot about how much I do like Caragh M. O'Brien and the world she created here and also in Birthmarked
I see that I had a sort-of similar reaction to the third book in the Birthmarked series and so now I wonder if it is one of those deals where the publisher made O'Brien turn a one-book idea or a two-book idea into a trilogy.  That's what I think happened with Matched and what I know happened to Claws because the author is my friend.  Still, this was a good and unique premise.  Read the first two for sure and then if you listen to the third, play it at regular speed, you might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment