What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, January 8, 2018

So this is...

Maresi.  The first in the Red Abbey Chronicles and it was published in Finland in 2014 but published in the US in 2017 and it's getting some Printz buzz.  It's hard for me to make a judgement call because this is SO out of my world of reading.  It has a fantastic cover.  And the description makes it sound so good.  But man...I just couldn't really get into it at all.  I started it one day and then couldn't finish it so went back and tried again.  And I have to say that by the time I finished it, I really could appreciate what the author, Maria Turtschaninoff did with the book.  Some books take work.  And I am a lazy reader sometimes.  I think this one took work for me.  But I am glad that I worked on it!  I gave it 3 stars, but it is more 3.5 and the lower rating of it is because of my personal feelings toward this kind of book, not a reflection on the quality of it.  I could recommend this book, for sure.  Printz worthy?  I honestly don't know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment