What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Third and Final

Samantha is the final book in the Sorority trilogy. Let me say that I really didn't like the abundance of bodily humor jokes that fill the first half of the book. That really is one place I draw the line. I don't mind reading about serial killers. But bodily function jokes are just in bad taste. The book uses the same formula as the first two, focusing on Sam who is a skeptic when it comes to the to occult. The formula is the same as the first two books. First a story from Sam's cheerleading camp days, then cut to present day. I was a bit disappointed in the ending. It just seemed to come together too quickly and neatly. Even for a cheese book. Also this book seemed to be missing some of the silliness of the other two. Well except for the gross bodily function jokes. It seemed like the author just wanted to get the trilogy over and done and hurried through, using bodily function jokes to replace the actually entertaining elements wanted to get the trilogy over and done and hurried through, using bodily function jokes to replace the actually entertaining elements wanted to get the trilogy over and done and hurried through, using bodily function jokes to replace the actually entertaining elements folklore that I never had and it talks about Halloween. Who doesn't like a book like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment