What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Who would have thought the end of the world could be so funny?

I certainly didn't think it could be laugh-out-loud funny, like The Gates is. I know that this book was in adult, but I really think that it would be great for teens, too. I mean, this book is just hilarious and it really doesn't have anything offensive in it, well unless you could demons running around, trying to enter earth and take over the world through a portal opened by the Large Haldron Collider. I remember when all the fuss about the LHC was going on...when was it? 2009.
Anyway...this little kid, Sam and his dog stumble upon the neighbors communing with demons right about the time that the LHC does its thing and all of a sudden, the neighbors are taken over by demons and the end of the world is at hand.
I know that sounds very depressing...but really, it is hilarious! If you want a great laugh, this book is the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment