What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stone Settling Down?

Ever since Monday night this song has been on my mind. Until yesterday morning I couldn't figure out why. Then when I realized the name of the new Stone Barrington novel it all made sense, of course. Well, kinda. Regarding song, it is quite lovely, and a bit of a departure for Ole Bocephus and all of his rowdy friends, one must admit. I certainly have felt as he does in this song. Lovely tune.
Lovely and pleasant was the latest offering from Stuart Woods. I couldn't help but wonder though, if Stone is taming his sexual exploits. He certainly has backed off a bit from his recent goings on. Stone only "dates" two women in Strategic Moves, and not even at the same time! Herbie Fisher is on hand for comic relief. Dino isn't around much, only at dinner, of course, at Elaine's. Stone heads to Iraq and gets involved with the Middle Eastern conflict, but all of the action is in his beloved NYC. A nice, quick and satisfying Barrington book.

No comments:

Post a Comment