What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Guns Made America Great

I don't know if I have included this song on my blog before, I just can't seem to find much luck when I "search this blog" sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So sorry if I repeat.
You ever heard this tune:
Guns made America big and strong!
No one's left to save us,
John Wayne's gone!
Everybody's pickin' on the NRA,
Tell 'em guns made American great!
Ha! I found it!

Gun Games is proof that guns aren't so great.
I don't understand the negative reviews for this latest Rina Lazurus/Peter Decker novel. The suspense was so greatly built that I couldn't listen to it in order. By the eighth of ten disks, I had to put the tenth disk in and listen to that, then work backward.
The story surrounds a couple of suicides at a very posh prep school, investigated by Decker. Gabe is a prominent figure, as he falls in love with a young Persian girl and their sweet teen romance is so cute. I know that made some fans angry, that a lot of the time was spent in teen characters, but the books is so well done and well written, it is just awesome. Another excellent book by Faye Kellerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment