What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Friday, but Sunday's a Comin'!

Good Friday. And I am thinking of the song Were You There? and the song Under the Weight of the Wood, which apparently, has been taken down from every place on the net because of copyright laws, and that's kinda sad, because it is such a good song. There's one part that says, "How many times have we nailed You up today? Under the weight of the wood?" And that always makes me think long and hard about my sins. I am a sinner. I'm good at sinning. Fortunately, my Lord is the best at saving.
If you haven't heard Tony Campolo's sermon It's Friday, but Sunday's a Comin'! check it out.
It's only Friday...but fear not...Sunday's coming.
Today we meditate upon the suffering of Jesus. The pain and agony he endured for us. I remember hearing from a bunch of different places that if just one, just one person was saved by His sacrfice, He still would have done it. If it was just you, if it was just me, if it was just that guy down the street, that little child, that older woman, He still would have gone all the way, spread His arm, given up His Spirit.
So many are on their own cross today, put up there by the evils in this world.
But Jesus lifts everyone off the cross, and raises each one up...up, up to Glory, with God the Father.
It's dark now.
Death seems to have won the day (haha death, joke's on you...because)
It's Friday, but Sunday's a comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment