What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Not it!

I always hated being it.  It is funny how that idea of being "it" changes.  I am NOT an it girl at all.  Never have been, sadly.  Jan (pronounced Yahn, she is named for one of her parents' favorite artists, Jan Van Eyck.  I like him too, but I wouldn't name a kid after him!) Miller isn't either.  Confessions of a  Not It Girl is her story of love non-existant and love almost lost and love found.  This is another from Melissa Kantor and I liked it, but Jan wasn't very likable, but again, not liking the main character all that much and yet still being able to enjoy the book says something good about the book.  I think Kantor is a really good author.  A good, quick read and there are some very funny, funny lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment