What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Some Gotta Win, Some Gotta Lose

Good time Charlie's got the blues.  Great song.
Girl Meets Boy:  because there are two sides to every story is, like everyone says, a great concept.  Get together some really great YA authors.  Have the male authors write a short story from the guy's POV, have the female authors write their own version of the story, from the gal's POV.  A lot of heavy hitters here:  Terry Trueman,  Chris Crutcher, the AMAZING Rita Williams-Garcia.  I loved the idea and loved most of the stories, but the ones that I didn't love, I could barely get through and had to do the old read-from-the-end trick.  I don't know.  Not my thing.  Hard to rate a book of short stories though, because some of the stories I just wanted to go on and on, and others...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment