What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Clearly Judy-influenced

Take a look at the picture of LaShonda on the cover of The Cruisers #3 A Star is Born by Walter Dean Myers.  Tell me. I dare you to tell me that is not the spitting image of Judy on the cover of the best movie ever.  It struck me right away.
In this latest installment, LaShonda has been noticed by the Virginia Woolf Society for her wonderful costume designs and they want to send her to a special place to live and a special school.  LaShonda, though, lives in a group home with her little brother who has autism and she doesn't want to leave him.  That is the main problem in this third book and The Cruisers must find a way to help out their friend.
I am still not into this series as much as I want to be, but I love Myers and so I will keep on keeping with them.  I love the twist of Zander and Caren.  And all of The Cruisers are very likable friends.  The books make you think and they take on big issues.  I do recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment