What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Not Lisa


Broken is a retelling of the Shelley classic, Frankenstein.  Not having read Frankenstein I must admit I don't know how close it is to the original, but I do know that if you haven't read Frankenstein, you can still understand and enjoy Broken.   
Emma Gentry is still mourning the loss of her boyfriend, Daniel, to a terrible fall when she meets the new boy, Alex Franks and is strangely drawn to him an he to her.  His father is a doctor, obsessed with experiments and well, you know what has happened.  Part of Daniel is now inside of Alex, and it is a pretty big mess.  
While the story is predictable, just by its nature (we already know it is a re-telling of Frankenstein, so we know what it is that draws Alex and Emma to one another) it is still very enjoyable and well-told.  It is also a story of grief and loss.  
I believe this book will be easy to sell to readers, looking forward to book-talking it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment