What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Do you think it is worse to have expectations that are too high or have no expectations at all?

Since I blew the last question, I thought I needed to find a different site, so I found:  20 Questions to Stimulate Conversation.
I love conversation.
Conversation is awesome.
I forget what the question is.
Hang on.
Okay.
I am going to over-analyze this question and ruin it, like I did the last one.
Is it worse to have expectations that are too high, or have no expectations at all?
Okay.  What does the question mean?  Expectations for yourself?  Or for others?  For people you know?  Or for "the world?"
I think that if you are a supervisor, it is MUCH worse to have no expectations.  People expect expectations.  Sometimes I am not good at communicating my expectations and that makes me a lousy supervisor.  So I think that in a supervisory position, it is much worse to have no expectations.
I think that for the world, it is much worse to have expectations that are too high, because that isn't reasonable.  The deal is that we have to remember that we all are sinful and broken people.
So you can't expect HUGH HUGH impossible things from people.
So it is worse to have too high ones.
I think.
I have made this boring, too.
I am sorry website.

No comments:

Post a Comment