What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So I always wanted to read this...

Perfect Chemistry, that is.  Because the covers for the whole series are wonderful.  Finally I did because I was hearing about the whole goodreads bullying thing.  There is this broad from Australia or maybe Austria who wrote what she thought was a funny review of Perfect Chemistry.  A bad review.  I read the review and it was a sarcastic, lame attempt to be funny and then I thought, I gotta get around to reading this.  And I loved it!  It is very fast read and it also brings to the forefront the inequities in our American culture.  Maybe that's why the Austrialian didn't get it.  I don't know.  She claims she is a "slightly less than young" fan of young adult books.  Honey.  Face the facts like the rest of us.  You is old.  It is okay!  A lot of people get old!  You can't stay young or "slightly less young" forever.  Ya either pass on or get old, right?  Anyway, the broad's review isn't bully-worthy, I don't think.  It is just lame and unfunny and racist, actually.  So it is offensive.  Maybe it is bully-worthy.  Although it is so pathetic, it just doesn't seem worthy of being a bully review because we know that real bullying is terribly painful and makes an impact.  Her little thing?  Just lame.  But racist...so I don't know...
Anyway, enough time wasted on some broad who doesn't want to get old.
Brit and Alex are from opposite sides of Chi-Town.  She's a princess pom-pom girl, he is a gang banger.  But can they make it work?  Read it and see!  And really, don't let some wanna-be-comic bully you into not liking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment