What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Monday, October 29, 2012

The End of October

And I probably should put my usual youtube video here, which I will.  I love the backgound on the song, I'll copy it here: 
The lyrics were from a poem by Johnny Mercer. Mercer's wife found them while cleaning out his things, following his death. She had a sudden inspiration to give the poem to Barry Manilow. He said it took him all of 15 minutes to write the tune.
Manilow believes there was a spiritual underlying this song. In any event, it is a beauty from one of the greatest jazz albums of the 1980s, 2:00 AM at the Paradise Cafe
That was written by this youtube dude.  I like it.
So yeah, October is almost over and it wasn't my typical October.  This was a crazy year so far, with all of the heath problems my dad has had.  God is always there, though.  And that is the important thing to remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment