What's Going On Here?

There are SO MANY wonderful book review blogs out there and I can't compete with them, that is for sure. So this is not a book review blog. This is just a way for me to organize what I have read so that I can be better at matching the right book to the right person. The blog title comes from the brilliant mind of the most talented woman who ever lived, Ms. Judy Garland. The full quote is, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." That is what I hope to do here and in ever aspect of my life.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Keep on Truckin'

Still trucking along on nano.  It is not an easy thing to do.  I am having a little trouble keeping my story on track, but it is going okay.  I just feel bad that I can't write on here as much as usual.  And as you can see, the reading is slowing down.  It might be slowing down, too, because I am currently reading a book I am not so hot about.  Butter is what I am reading now, for a book group and I just can't seem to get sold on it.  Here is the site for the book.  It's about a morbidly obese kid, nicknamed Butter and his decision to eat himself to death online on New Year's Eve.  He finds that when he starts this website and preps folks for the "big night" he becomes popular.  People want to be his friend and they are egging him on about his promise to eat himself to death on his webcam.  I will review it when I am done, but so far, I just don't like Butter.  And I don't think it is because I am a morbidly obese person, too.  I am not as obese as Butter is described, but still, I am.  I don't know.  We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment